Wednesday, January 16, 2008

One resolution down...

Apparently, I didn't set the bar very high on one of my New Year's resolutions. I had thought it'd be like 2-3 months before I could jump rope for 10 straight minutes. It was pretty humbling when I first started jumping rope regularly about a year ago. Back then, I was tired after just over 30 seconds of skipping. Today, I left work in a tired and pretty irritated mood today wanting nothing more than to go to the gym. After the warm up round, I just kept jumping and logged an 11 minute round.

Granted there were a lot of missed jumps in that round since I was distracted from being in a bad mood. Then again, I wasn't completely exhausted after that round (just winded) and felt like I could have kept going. I'll see if I can do it again later this week before I call it total success. But for now, I'll say that one resolution is down. Now if only that wretched body fat analyzer would stop telling me that I'm obese...

No comments: