I've been fortunate in that I usually can keep myself motivated to continue training, but I think a number of factors have contributed to that success and perseverance:
- Surrounding myself with people who love training, whether it be martial arts or fitness.
- Understanding how to set [achievable] goals, determining milestones to gauge my progress, and committing myself towards achieving those goals.
- Keeping my training regimen fresh by maximizing variety and rotating in different exercises on a regular basis.
- Treating each training session as a mindfulness drill and really trying to focus my mind on controlling and feeling my body to correctly perform the exercises.
- Making my training multifaceted by incorporating skills, conditioning, flexibility, strength, speed, coordination, power, neuromuscular body control, etc. exercises into my training.
- Eating enough to fuel my training.
- Taking days off to allow my body time to recover and avoid burnout.